Benjamin A. Brichler, M.D.
Dr. Brichler grew up in Scottsdale, AZ. He received his medical degree from the University of Virginia in 2005 and completed his Internal Medicine residency at the University of California San Diego in 2008. Dr. Brichler completed his Gastroenterology Fellowship at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center/Phoenix VA Medical Center in 2011. He then joined Sutter Medical Group in Auburn and practiced there for over 5 years prior to joining Sierra Nevada Gastroenterology. Dr. Brichler is board certified in both Internal Medici ne and Gastroenterology, and enjoys practicing in all aspects of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy. Dr. Brichler enjoys golfing, mountain biking, cooking and gardening. He and his wife, Sarah, have two children.
- Gastroenterology Fellowship - Banner Good Samaritan/Phoenix VA Medical enter Gastroenterology Fellowship Program, Phoenix, AZ 7/2008-6/2011
- Internship/Residency - University of California San Diego Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program, San Diego, CA 6/2005-6/2008
- Doctor of Medicine - University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 8/2001-5/2005
- Bachelor of Science - Santa Clara University Combined Sciences Magna Cum Laude, Santa Clara, CA 9/1996-6/2000
- Sutter Medical Group - 2013 Patient Experience Award Recipient 8/2011-present
- CA Medical License #A99058
- Board Certified Internal Medicine 11/2008
- Board Certified Gastroenterology 11/2011
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Yen D, Brichler B, Neal EA, Parice C, Ross B. Full Liquid Diet versus Clear Liquid Diet and Sodium Sulfate Solution for Colonoscopy Preparation. ACG 2015: Abstract Poster Presentation.
- Brichler B, Kiafar C, Beymer C, Ramirez FC. Prevalence of Colon Cancer and High Grade Dysplastic Polyps in Southwest Native American Men and Women. ACG 2009: Abstract Poster Presentation.
- Brichler B, Ramirez FC. Towards Implementing a Standardized Training Scheme Model for Teaching Colonoscopy: A Prospective, Randomized, Pilot Study. ACG 2009: Abstract Poster Presentation.
- Thomas J, Gerkin R, Karasek V, Brichler B, Gilani N. Newer Generation Colonoscopes Do Increase Detection of Polyps and Adenomas in Patients Undergoing Screening Colonoscopies. DDW 2009: Abstract Poster Presentation.
- Lee R, Brichler B, Carethers J. The Practice of Fecal Occult Blood Testing After Screening Colonoscopy: Diagnostic Yield and Effect Upon Colonoscopy Utilization. DDW 2007: Abstract Poster Presentation. *Awarded Poster of Distinction
- Moylan, CR, McNelis, BJ, Nathan, LC, Marques, MA, Hermstad, EL, Brichler BA. Challenging the Auxiliary Donor Effect on Molecular Hyperpolarizability in Thiophene-Containing Nonlinear Chromophores: X-ray Crystallographic and Optical Measurements on Two New Isomeric Chromophores. Journal of Organic Chemistry. 2004, 69, 8239-8243.
- American Medical Association Scholarship 2004, 2005
- President's Scholarship, Santa Clara University 2000
- U.S. Lacrosse Intercollegiate Association Academic All-American 2000
- NSF-REU Summer Research Scholarship 1998
- Conversant in Spanish
- Lacrosse: Charlottesville Summer Lacrosse League 2002-2004, 2000 All-Star: Western Collegiate Lacrosse League
- Soccer: Tempe AYSO Soccer for Adults 2009-2011, San Diego Indoor Soccer League 2005-2008, Soccer Organization of Charlottesville/Albemarle 2002-2005
- Other hobbies: golf, cooking, gardening